It’s surprising how much time can be spent on something as mundane as scheduling appointments. In the past, many workplaces had someone employed full-time just to keep on top of staff calendars. This organizational time-sink got developers thinking: what if there was an easier way?
This is where online scheduling services come in, and Appointlet is one such service. Whether you run a large health clinic or a small consulting startup, a scheduling service can be of immense help in keeping your calendar organized and up to date with minimal time spent on the process.
Appointlet Review Summary
For absolutely nothing, Appointlet lets you take unlimited bookings, personalize your link and booking page, connect with your Google Calendar or Office 365 and set up automatic booking notifications. If you wish to take payments with Stripe or send automated reminders, it’ll cost you $10/mo/user, which isn’t bad at all.
It can be easily added to any website builder and there is also a plugin for WordPress.
The basic idea behind Appointlet’s scheduling service is that it acts as an online PA, accessing your calendar and allowing customers to book appointments for specific services, eliminating double-bookings and freeing up your time.
Setting up Appointlet – A step-by-step guide
When you sign up for a new Appointlet account, you’ll be greeted by an easy-to-follow onboarding process. In this step-by-step guide we outline the manual process of setting up a scheduling service for you:
- Step 1: Once you’ve signed in to your Appointlet account, you’ll see that there are already a number of services set up for you. These can be easily edited, or you can create your own. Just click on ‘New Meeting Type’ and create a new service. You’re able to customize the link and set it as a class or group service.
- Step 2: In order to edit details such as availability, location and notifications, click on the meeting you just set up and this screen will open up. You can edit these for each individual service, which can be useful if you offer several services on different days of the week.
- Step 3: The intake form automatically collects the user’s name and email address. If you want to collect more information, you have a number of fields available (checkbox, place, time, date, etc.) You’ll need the Premium account to customize the confirmation message.
- Step 4: Once you’ve completed all the information for your services, you can view your booking page or share it. This can be done via a link, embedding it on your website or sharing it directly on your social media channels. Unfortunately, the free plan will display the Appointlet branding on your booking page, which isn’t very subtle.
Compared to other scheduling services, Appointlet’s pricing is quite competitive, especially when you take into account their very generous freemium plan. Though many scheduling apps offer pretty good free plans, the jump to the paid version is pretty steep – luckily you won’t feel such a sting with Appointlet, as the paid plan will cost you just $10/mo per user or, if you pay annually, this price goes down to $8/mo.
Email, text and live chat support are available, as well as a detailed knowledge base. Bear in mind that support is only offered within business hours, supposedly corresponding to Oregon time-zone, as that’s where the company is based.
I submitted a question from Spain and was told the support agents would be back in 3 hours.
- Easy to use
- Unlimited meetings
- Many customization options, even on the free plan
- Google Calendar integration works well, and also adds an extra level by editing appointments directly from your Google Calendar
- Sends automated reminders to customers and payment collection options
- You can enable the option so clients can cancel meetings themselves
- Businesses that work internationally benefit from the fact that customers all over the world can book appointments 24/7 without any time zone clashes
- Appointlet comes in several European languages (9 including English)
- Email, text and live chat support are available
- There is no direct Outlook Calendar integration
- The Appointlet branding on the free plan is too dominant
- No payment processing on the free plan
- No mobile app
- No recurring scheduling
Appointlet is an easy-to-use scheduling tool that will make life a lot easier for many businesses, and with enough customization options to satisfy even the most complicated of workplaces. We used it ourselves in the past for more than a year and were very pleased with the service it provides.
04 Nov 2021 – General update